- Patrons must have a valid library card with the correct contact information to borrow library materials.
- The patron is personally responsible for everything they've borrowed, and that the borrowed material will be returned within the deadline in the same state as it was when they borrowed it.
- The return date will be provided for each document a patron borrows. Materials borrowed from other libraries follow the regulations of the lending library.
- The patron has to replace lost or damaged material. The minimum fee per item is 750 NOK. Borrowing privileges are lost until the fee is paid or the material is returned/replaced.
- Unpaid fees can be sent to debt collection.
- Library patrons have the responsibility to use printed and electronic resources in accordance to the Norwegian Copyright Act (Lov om opphavsrett til åndsverk). Personal username and password to access electronic resources cannot under any circumstances be shared with third parties.
- Failure to comply with the lending policies may result in the loss of borrowing privileges.