The Student Ombudsman is an independent aid person who can advise you as a student on what rights you have in relation to your study situation at the University College in Western Norway. All students at the College can get help from the student representative, regardless of the place they study.
If you have any questions regarding you study situation and rights, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
What can the Student Ombudsman help you with?
- Give advice on what rights you have as a student
- Provide guidance on how to proceed with your case
- Make sure your case is or is being properly dealt with
- Be neutral party in meetings between student and staff (Only used under special conditions and requires the consent of both the student and the employee)
- Provide courses and training to student union representatives
- Hold lectures on student rights
Unfortunately, the Student Ombudsman cannot:
- Help you in cases that does not apply to your study situation (Ask if in doubt)
- Take sides or be your representative for you in the case in yours
- Review or be the appellate body for a case decided