We offer Master’s degree programmes in English. Undergraduate programs is only offered in Norwegian language. To apply for our Bachelor’s programmes you must document proficiency in Norwegian. Please see The Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service's (NUCAS) website on how to document this.
If you wish to apply for Exchange to HVL please see our Exchange page.
When to apply:
For citizens outside the EU/EEA the online application portal opens October 1st 2021.
For EU/EEA and Norwegian citizens the online application portal opens 1st of February 2022.
For citizens outside the EU/EEA: the application deadline is December 1st 2021 for the 2022 admission.
Citizens from EU/EEA: the application deadline is 1st of March 2022. For Maritime Operations the application deadline is April 15th 2022.
How to apply
You apply through Søknadsweb.
You must meet all requirements (including the English language requirement) before the application deadline. You upload all supporting documentation at the end of the registration process.
You must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree. Some of our Master degrees have specific admission requirements, such as grade point average or specialization of subjects. Please check the admission requirements for the programme you are interested in on our page.
You must send us this documentation when you apply and within the application deadline:
- Your CV including educational background. The document should be named CV.
- Secondary School certificate/High School Diploma and transcripts The document should be named Secondary School.
- Final University degree certificate or diploma with a grading scale. We do not accept provisional certificates. The document should be named Degree diploma.
- Transcript of records (an official statement listing courses/subjects completed at university). The document should be named Transcript of records University.
- Copy of your passport or picture ID including full name, date of birth and gender. The document should be named Passport copy.
- Documentation of English language proficiency. We do not accept letters of proficiency from Universities. For more information please see our page about the English requirements. The document should be named Proof of English.
If the original language of your documents is not English or a Scandinavian language, officially certified copies of a translation to one of these languages must accompany certified copies of your documents in the original language.
Applications that does not have supporting documentation within the application deadline will not be assessed.
Please read the confirmation e-mail for which date the enrolment offers are published.
Note that if you are granted admission, you have to bring your originals to Norway for verification.
If you are a new master student this checklist may come in handy.