Single subject recording RESINNREG
Courses related to the PhD program Responsible Innovation and Regional Development (RESINNREG) are primarily for candidates who are admitted to the PhD program, but will also be open to other applicants.
Apply for single courses
Application deadline for admission to courses offered in the spring of 2020 is:
- PHDINN902 Philosophy of Science, Research Ethics and Responsible Innovation, will be held from 23rd to 24th of March and from 2nd to 3rd of April; deadline is March 10th
- PHDINN908 Innovation and Sustainable Transition, will be held from 8th of June to 12th of June; deadline is March 31st – Please note that this course has additional requirements (see below)
Admission to the PhD courses normally requires a relevant Master’s degree such as a Master of Science in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, in Innovation Management, in Community Work, in Business, or in Climate Management. However, candidates from other Master Programmes in e.g. Engineering, Social Sciences, Humanities, or in Health and Care Sciences, may also qualify for admission into the programme.
The applicant must document completion of their master’s studies with strong results. A grade of B or higher (according to the Norwegian grading scale) on the master’s dissertation, and an average higher than C on associated coursework, are normally required for admission into the programme.
Applicants for the course PHDINN908 Innovation and Sustainable Transition must include a motivation letter at maximum one page.
When the number of applicants for PhD courses exceeds the admission capacity, the following criteria for ranking applicants will be used:
- PhD candidates in the RESINNREG programme
- (PhD) candidates from NORSI Network (only for PHDINN908)
- PhD candidates from other collaborative projects
- PhD candidates participating in other PhD programs at HVL
- Applicants from other PhD programme outside HVL
- Other applicants with a minimum master’s degree (not applicable for PHDINN908)
Requirement for documentation
In order for your application to be processed, you will need to upload the necessary documentation.
Are you admitted to a PhD program at HVL or are a PhD candidate at HVL's active collaborative institutions. Please attach relevant documentation.
If you are a scientific employee at HVL who participates in a scholarship scheme for qualification, please attach relevant documentation.
If you are employed by HVL with a relevant master, you attach documentation on employment and diploma.
If you are applying with a relevant master, you attach a diploma.
Note that you must upload documentation even if you have applied to HVL before. You are responsible for ensuring that we have the correct documentation for your application. You may be asked to present original documentation both during the recording and during the study. Incorrect or misleading information may cause you to lose your right to complete your education.
Reply to application
You will receive a response to the application as soon as it is processed.