Study plan - Automation and Robotics
Study start autumn 2020
A candidate who has completed the 3-year bachelor's degree in electrical engineering should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has broad knowledge that provides a holistic system perspective on the field of engineering, especially in the field of electrical engineering. The candidate has knowledge of electrical and magnetic fields, broad knowledge of electrical components, circuits and systems.
- has basic knowledge in the field of mathematics, natural science including electromagnetism and relevant social- and economic sciences and how these can be integrated into the field of electro technical solutions.
- has knowledge of the historical development of technology and especially on electro technology, the engineer's role in society and the consequences of the development and the usage of this technology.
- knows the research and development in his field, as well as relevant methods and ways of working in the electric technology.
- can update his knowledge in the field, through gathering of information and contact with experts and practice.
- can apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development to solve theoretical, technical and practical problems in the field of electro technology and can justify his choice.
- knows digital solutions in the field of engineering, can work in relevant laboratories and can master measurement methods, troubleshooting methodology, the use of relevant instruments and software, as a basis for targeted and innovative work.
- can identify, plan and implement the projects of technical engineering, tasks, tests and experiments, independently and in teams.
- can find, evaluate, use and refer to information and technical material and present it so that it highlights a problem.
- can contribute new ideas, innovation, quality management and entrepreneurship through the development and implementation of sustainable and socially beneficial products, systems and / or solutions.
- knows in connection with product and solutions the consequences on environment, health, society and economics in the field, remarking ethical and lifetime perspectives.
- can communicate knowledge related to electro technology to various audiences both in writing and orally in Norwegian and English and can help to demonstrate the technology's importance and consequences.
- can reflect on her/his professional practice, as well as a team member and in an interdisciplinary context, adapting the results to the current work.
- can contribute to the development of professional work through participation in professional discussions in the field and share her/his knowledge and experiences with others.