Semester programme in Computing, Bachelor level
Students from partner universities are welcome to study a semester at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL). Students normally take 30 ECTS each semester.
In the autumn semester of your 3rd year, you may choose 3 of these courses:
- DAT152 Advanced Web Applications, 10 ECTS
- DAT156 Computer Engineering Practice in the Workplace, 10 ECTS
- DAT158 Machine Learning and Advanced Algorithms, 10 ECTS
- DAT159 Selected Topics in ICT, 10 ECTS
In the spring semester of your 3rd year, you may choose 1 of these combinations:
- DAT151 System Management - Unix and Databases, 10 ECTS and DAT190 Bachelor Thesis in Computing, 20 ECTS
- DAT153 Mobile and Distributed Applications, 10 ECTS and DAT190 Bachelor Thesis in Computing, 20 ECTS
- DAT154 Software Architecture and Application Development, 10 ECTS and DAT190 Bachelor Thesis in Computing, 20 ECTS
The DAT15x courses have midterm exams in March while the Bachelor thesis will have deadline on June 1st.
You have to be nominated by your home university before you can apply for admission.
The deadlines for applying to HVL are:
- 15 April for the autumn semester (August - December)
- 15 October for the spring semester (January - June)